Financial Modelling Training
We have a comprehensive range of financial modelling courses that support your organisation by increasing your team’s knowledge pool and, in turn, improve the company’s efficiency and productivity.
All courses are interactive and practical – leaving you with tangible financial modelling skills, and if you’re looking for something more specific, we also offer bespoke courses.
Our courses are based on real-world commercial challenges and equip participants with the ability to carry out the best practices of financial modelling and meet the highest industry standards.
Financial modelling courses:
- Introduction to Financial Modelling
- Intermediate Financial Modelling
- Advanced Financial Modelling
- Excel Best Practice for Financial Modelling
- Financial Model Review
- Bespoke Financial Modelling
Financial modelling courses entail:
- Tutor-led live online or classroom sessions.
- Materials provided to participants (presentation, case studies, and instructions).
- Presentation and examples are shown by the tutor.
- Case studies to attempt during training together.
- Homework and after-course care.
Learn the basics of financial modelling while developing a professional, clear and robust model in Microsoft Excel.
Build a Project Appraisal from a blank workbook
- Financial modelling best practice principles
- Core Excel functionalities for financial modelling
- Finance concepts for project appraisal
- VBA basics for modellers
Learn to develop a set of best practice integrated financial statements for forecasting business performance in Microsoft Excel.
Build and integrate Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cashflow Statements
- Intermediate Excel functionalities for financial modelling
- Accounting & Finance concepts for financial statements
- Intermediate VBA for modellers
Advanced Financial Modelling2 Days
Learn to review and understand existing models before applying overlays and new functionalities in a structured manner.
Overlay sensitivities, new debt structures and business acquisitions in an existing model
- Advanced Excel functionalities for financial modelling
- Advanced financing and capital structure concepts
- Advanced VBA for modellers
Learn the skills needed to build robust, transparent, and structured models in Microsoft Excel by using industry recognised best-practice principles.
Exercises tailored to each best practice principle
- Model risk and benefits of best practice
- Application of financial modelling best practice principles (consistency, simplicity, separation, linearity, integrity, and flexibility)
- Excel functionalities to use or avoid
Financial Model Review1 Day
Learn the skills used in reviewing existing financial models.
Review a Project Appraisal and an Integrated Financial Statement model
- Benefits and risks of different model review techniques
- Excel review functionalities and third-party review software
- Conduct structured reviews to reduce model risk
Bespoke Financial ModellingBespoke
We understand that not all businesses are the same, and a “one size fits all” approach doesn’t always work. At PPS, we want to meet the wide range of needs and requirements out there, and if you don’t find what you’re looking for from one of our core courses, we can offer a bespoke service.
We will work alongside you to curate a course tailored to your specific needs and deliver it over a time frame that suits your business.
Through this collaborative process we can address any gaps in knowledge or training requirements you need on a granular level, ensuring that after the course is completed, your workforce will be confident, knowledgeable, and ready to move your business forward.